The Federal Government’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) has wage-subsidy funding for companies that are paying salaries, doing development projects, and don’t qualify for the Canada Emergency Wage Benefit.
Check the application website here: https://nrc-covid-19.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-CA/
If your company is not an IRAP client, you have to register. This takes about 5 minutes.
If you’re already an IRAP client, your existing IRAP portal registration may not work and you will have to re-register.
Here’s the rules for qualifying:
- Be an incorporated, profit-oriented small or medium-sized business in Canada, incorporated no later than March 1, 2020
- Be a company with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- Be unable to qualify for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Lack sufficient financial resources to sustain operations during the COVID-19 downturn period
- Plan to pursue growth and profit by developing and commercializing innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services or processes in Canada
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency business number
Application Deadline is April 29!
Need help preparing a project proposal? Take advantage of our 18 years of experience working with IRAP.